This episode is sponsored by Pitch Perfect Pro, a program that we’re so excited about, we became affiliates. Pitch Perfect Pro is the only course you’ll ever need to learn how to confidently work with brands.
If you’re hoping to make money online, it’s essential that you treat your blog and social channels as a business. Among other things, that means formulating a plan, staying consistent, tending to legal matters, and familiarizing yourself with the tools and strategies that will help your business grow.
For the month of November, we are focusing on must-have marketing tools for influencers. This episode of the Businessese Influencer Marketing Podcast is the first installment in a four-part series, 4 Marketing Tools Every Influencer Needs.
Long-time readers of the Businessese blog will recall that we posted an article on this subject before:
Those four tools that every influencer needs in their virtual toolbox are:
- media kits
- campaign reports
- case studies
When we think of the importance of pitching, Jenny is the person that comes to mind— she has guided many, many bloggers to successfully pitching collaborations with brands, and has a great success story herself. Originally a teacher, Jenny started blogging as a creative outlet. She then transitioned The Melrose Family from a general lifestyle blog into a targeted business that replaced her teaching salary, thanks to a strategic shift in mindset that she shares with us here.
People say to me:
“Audience and pageviews are the same thing.”
No, they’re not.
In this episode, Jenny also details:
- the main ways she was able to grow her blog and successfully monetize it
- a better way to work with brands that doesn’t involve chasing pageviews
- why her sponsored content is her most popular content
- how to stand out when pitching directly, as opposed to applying to networks
- what she thinks brands find most compelling in a pitch
- the best method to find an initial brand contact
- what a great pitch should contain and how specific it should be
- information about Pitch Perfect Pro and what influencers can learn from it.
Listen up and post any further questions you may have in the Businessese HQ Facebook group!
The Melrose Family
Jenny’s Facebook group, Influencer Entrepreneurs
Pitch Perfect Pro
The One Thing: The Surprisingly Simple Truth Behind Extraordinary Results on Amazon