We often talk about just how much the online landscape has and continues to grow and change. Algorithms and rules are evolving at a rapid clip, as is the mindset of those who work in this space as they approach their work as a business rather than a hobby— with the marketing strategy, legalities, and opportunities for growth that entails.
In order to keep those businesses growing, it’s essential that our knowledge base and network grow as well. Conferences are an ideal environment for that! It’s hard to overstate how beneficial these gatherings of peers can be to you and your business, as long as you make the most of your experience. Ideally, you’ll learn about the latest and greatest in our industry from the greatest in our industry, gain new insights and fresh perspectives, fire up some inspiration and motivation, and make some new connections along the way.
In this episode, we pool our collective insight gained from speaking at and attending an insanely high number of conferences over the last decade. Check it out for actionable tips for before, during, and after the conference to get your time and money’s worth (and yes, there’s some advice for our introverts in there too).
Listen in as we go over:
- where you can find us this year (Don’t be shy, say hello! Also, this list appears at the end of this post)
- how to network prior to your conference
- the importance of going in with a plan
- what you NEED to include on your business cards
- how to decide what sessions to attend
- what not to forget after the conference
More tips for conference goers:
Networking for introverts
Getting the best return on your blog conference investment
We hope that you attend at least one conference this year and that you’re able to squeeze the very most out of the experience with these tips. Let us know what conferences you’ve enjoyed and which ones you plan to attend over in our private Facebook group, Businessese HQ! Hopefully you’ll find some people to connect with at your event.
Where you can find us:
- I’m Possible Women’s Empowerment Conference (Jamie)
- One day event with The Virtual Savvy (Danielle)
- MediaVine Publisher’s Conference (Jamie)
- Social Media Marketing World (Danielle)
- Women in Travel Summit (Jamie)
- BlogPaws (Jamie)
- Snap Conference (Danielle)
- World Domination Summit (Jamie)
- Podcast Movement (Jamie)
- Type A Parent (Jamie)
- Tastemaker Conference (Danielle)