Affiliate marketing is a constant hot topic within the influencer community: people wondering about the best way to start, or those who have already started and are wondering how to do it effectively. Keep an eye on the responses, and you’ll nearly always see someone mention how they tried affiliate marketing with Amazon Associates or Commission Junction back in the day, and didn’t find it worth their while.
That kind of negative thinking stops here. This week on the podcast, we’re talking all about affiliate marketing: how to do it well, how to do it effectively, how to do it so that it maximizes the amount of money that you make.
First and foremost, it should be a fit for the content you’re creating.
To give us some guidance on ways content creators can best monetize, we’re joined by Angel Djambazov. Angel has spent his professional career in the fields of journalism (as an editor on several newspapers and as founding Editor-in-Chief of Wyoming Homes and Living Magazine) and digital marketing. He launched Custom Tailored Marketing, becoming the agency of record for Jones Soda and KEEN, and was on the founding team and served as the CMO for the startup PopShops.com (later acquired by Rakuten LinkShare). In 2016 Custom Tailored Marketing merged with GTO Management to become Lab6 Media, an agency primarily focused on maintaining elite level Affiliate Marketing and Influencer Marketing management, while expanding core Search Engine Marketing, Social Media Marketing, and Mobile App Marketing services.
Listen in as Angel discusses:
- where to start with affiliate marketing
- the research you should do before joining an affiliate program
- affiliate posts and brand messaging posts, and how the messaging differs
- one way you might be missing out on potential affiliate revenue
- what makes an influencer attractive to brands (it’s not all about the numbers)
- tips for better conversion from your content
- points of negotiation to consider
- what you can do to help encourage brand contact and followup
Angel shares a ton of eye-opening info in a short amount of time, but we are sure some questions remain! Let us know what you want to know about affiliate marketing in our private Facebook group, Businessese HQ.