Type-A Parent was established over a decade ago— an annual conference and community for bloggers who took the business of blogging seriously, and wanted to learn the skills that would take their websites and spheres of influence to the next level. In 2017, the company was acquired by Rachel Honoway and Eric Nagel of Rust Built and “Type-A” has become synonymous with power blogger and social media influencer. This year’s conference will take place September 27-29 in Chicago and features a speaker roster of over 50 professional practitioners (Jamie is one of them!).
We’re so excited to welcome Rachel Honoway to this week’s episode of the Businessese Influencer Marketing Podcast. Rachel is an experienced executive specializing in Internet Startups and Growth Mode Companies. Her career has been spent working hands-on with entrepreneurs to build and grow SaaS products and related services. Rachel has an extensive affiliate marketing background, working with large scale publishers like Ebates and Groupon as CEO of FMTC, but you may know her through her wholly-owned subsidiary, Fresh Press Media: an open marketplace connecting advertisers with bloggers and social media influencers.
Bloggers are amazing at driving traffic around very specific niche concepts and ideas and industries.
In this episode, you’ll hear Rachel discuss:
- the challenges faced when taking over an established brand, and how Rachel and Eric overcame them
- what to expect at this year’s Type-A conference
- how they are helping wannabe podcasters to take the first step
- her tips for getting the absolute most out of the conference
- what she’s learned from her first year running the Type-A brand
- Type-A Tribes: a full education platform that provides the expert resources, networking opportunities, and motivation of a conference, all year long.
You may also want to check out:
Selling or Acquiring a Business with Eric Nagel
Maximizing Your Conference Experience (podcast)
Get the Best Return on Your Blog Conference Investment
Networking Tips for Introverts
The Type-A Parent website
The 2018 Type-A Parent conference
Fresh Press Media
Extreme Ownership: How U.S. Navy SEALs Lead and Win by Jocko Willink and Leif Babin